Bacolod is known as the City of Smiles, Sugar Capital of the Philippines and the Home of the Original Chicken Insal. Bacolod is 1hr 13min plane ride from Manila via Cebu Pacific. Philippine Airlines, Airasia (Zest Air) or Tiger Air. Upon arrival at the New Silay Airport, there will be Taxi’s waiting for you outside. I noticed a flat rate of Php500 for the Taxi. Unfortunately, I did not notice any shuttle that is available outside the airport.
Our WH’s answers “When in Bacolod” that’s good for3 days 2 nights under 3000 pesos
What to do in Bacolod
1. The Ruins – Located at Talisay City, Negros Occidental is one of the province’s must see. They accept event’s such as Weddings. During our visit we opted to ride the Libertad Bata Jeepney route and got down to Pepsi, from Pepsi there are tricycle drivers waiting who will bring you to the ruins and back to Pepsi. You can also opt to take the cab when visiting The Ruins.
Jeepney ride – Php 7.50
Tricycle – Php50.00 per person one way
Ruins Entrace fee – Php 80.00
2. Balay Negrense – Located at SIlay Negros Occidental, Balay Negrense is an Old Antique Ancestral Home that was owned by Don Victor Fernandez Gaston however today it is already donated to the province of Negros. We took the cab when we went to Balay Negrense however you can also opt to take a jeepney.
Taxi – Php 800 Round trip
Balay Negrense Entrance fee – Php 50.00
3. Mambukal Resort – Mambukas resort is operated by the government so for nature and hiking lovers, a trip to Mambukal is a must. The resort is less than an hour from the city proper of Bacolod. You can take a mini-bus from Libertad Public Market. Fare costs around 45 pesos per person. Once you get to the resort, you can get a tour guide that will guide you to the 7 falls. The tour guides only ask for donations, as for us we gave our tour guide 600 pesos for accompanying us for almost 4 hours. Mambukal also has several pools, the pool’s water are from the natural hot spring.
Where to Eat in Bacolod
- Eat at Calea – Calea has been very popular in Bacolod as they serve best and affordable cakes. Ambience is also something this sweet shop could offer.
- Chicken House – Known as the home of the Original Bacolod Inasal, Chicken house offer’s one of the best (as recommended by the locals) Inasal’s in Bacolod. You will only need less than a hundred pesos for one meal. They do charge additional 10% if you prefer staying in their air conditioned room.
- Bar 21 – Bar 21 offers a nice place to have dinner with your special someone. They offer plated meals and batchoy for not over two hundred pesos per meal.